The Qalb

What is the matter with the heart? What is the matter with my heart? Only Allah knows.

It was during my birthday last November, I was praying so that Allah will give me guidance/petunjuk.
Guidance in which Allah's has chosen the path for me.

I always make du'a,

Ya Allah, tunjukkanlah aku jalan yang telah engkau pilihkan untukku.

My mother always told me, whenever my birthday is coming, she only asked me to pray and pray and pray because it was my special day and hoping that Allah will grant me what I wish for. Pray hajat to be specific.

On that night, after my prayer, I wanted to buy something. I keep on thinking where is the best place to buy it. I decided to go the place where I used to buy all my baking ingredients.

On my way to the shop, suddenly I changed my mind. I changed my route to another place which is also nearby. I can feel that my heart was being touched and moved.

Allahu Akbar.

When I reached my destination, I saw something that I want in my prayer. It's all unexpected.

Yes Allah answers all du'a - but not always in the form we expect.

Like what I read in SuhaibWebb.com :

'The ultimate objective of even du`a’ itself is to build our connection to Allah. Through du`a’ we become closer to Him. So, I think the problem is that our focus is wrong. That’s why I love the du'a of istikhara so much. It’s just perfect because it acknowledges that Allah only knows best, and then asks for Him to bring what is best and take away what is not best. The focus of that du`a’ is not that which you are asking for. The focus is what is best in this life and next. This is not to say that we cannot make du`a’ for things specifically that we want. On the contrary. Allah loves for us to ask of Him. But it means that once we ask, do our part to the utmost, and put our trust in Allah, we are pleased with what Allah chooses for us. And we realize that Allah answers all du`a’ - but not always in the form we expect. And that is simply because our knowledge is limited, and His is unlimited. In His infinite knowledge He may send us what He knows to be better for us in achieving the ultimate end: the pleasure of Allah (swt)'
Wa Allahu `alam (and Allah knows best).
Why I like the answer from Suhaib Webb, its because we must keep on praying but not to lose on our focus. Focus on Allah and trust only him.Perhaps this is the best tips I got from Suhaib Webb. Allah will definitely answer our prayer in his timing not our timing.

Till then

Eranna

xx

Comments

Popular Posts