My 3 months Wedding Preparation

When Allah intends, He says, "Be, And it is" and it becomes.

I didn't expect that I am getting married soon. My big day is in few months.
I trust this was all Allah's plan and Alhamdulillah I didn't feel that we are in a rush at all.

I met my husband in August 2016 and we decided to do our nikah in early November and the reception in mid December 2016.

I only have 3 months before the big day to prepare for my wedding, every second of time is precious and I didn't feel it's difficult task because I only need to google for a wedding inspirations guide.

Everyone have their own wedding dream...so do I. Every details we need to work into. I want a simple wedding but I still want it to be 'best' and 'special' and memorable one for us.

Here I will only tell you what I dream and 'must have' on my wedding and this is what I focus on mostly so that it will become reality although it is important to know of what we can and what we can't have on our wedding.....it is important to set a budget too.

Orchid & Cascade Hand Bouquet 

As a woman who loves orchid, I want my bouquet to be an orchid in one of the wedding function.
I chose a fresh purple orchid. Also I want my hand bouquet to be oval in shape or they called it cascade bouquet. Actuallhy Im not a fan of round shape hand bouquet,  I actually wanted a phalaenopsis orchid but since it is quite expensive in my country so I decided just to have any orchid that they already have in stock. For me having orchid as my hand bouquet is quite a 'traditional and classic look'.

Alhamdulillah. A dream comes true







For my wedding reception, this time I would like to have a bouquet that is compliment to the colour of my wedding reception dress that is dusty pink. Again, I want a cascading bouquet. I just knew that it is also called as "waterfall bouquet". For me, your bridal bouquet is one wedding detail that you shouldn't overlook.


Wedding Veil

My wedding veil was inspired by Irma Hasmie's nikah veil. It looks like a tiara. I really love and admire Irma Hasmie's nikah dress from head to toe.

This is Irma Hasmi



This is me :)

Make up Artist

I admit I am quite fussy on make up. A perfect wedding look is depends on them, so I have to choose wisely. This is also important if you want to have a perfect wedding picture. With an expert make up artist, your photographer will salso be very happy. This will make their editing work easy. My make up artist is Fina Majid and Vanda. These two are my favourites make up artist, and Alhmadulillah this is all Allah's plan that I had them both on my wedding function. These two are one of the top in my country now, and it is hard to get them both because of they schedule and always fully booked. But syukur I had them both and most important is I am satisfied with the make up on my wedding.


Wedding cake

One of my dream is to cut a wedding cake. It's a must in my wedding. I feel like my wedding is not perfect without having cutting my own wedding cake. It adds 'something'on my wedding. It adds sweetness to my wedding function. I felt so lucky that my sister in law is a baker. I know she really had a hard time of doing it. My wedding cake is also markedher first wedding cake. Should give credits to my sister in law. I only told her how I want my wedding cake to be and the rest I leave it to her to decorate it.

This is my wedding cake during my nikah :)





Reception wedding cake. To save your cost on tiers cake.....just make 2 tiers real cakes, the rest are just dummy :) This will help you to save cost on wedding cakes.

Can  I call this 'blossom'?






Wedding Invitation

I want a personalised wedding invitation logo. So I decided to have arabic calligraphy as a logo since my husband is from Arab. So I asked my khat teacher to do our wedding logo for me.


Hall Decorations

Before I decided on which wedding planner I should hire on my wedding, we should first think what we really want on our wedding. For me, I don't want to have a wedding stage or pelamin on my wedding reception. This makes my wedding different from my siblings and cousins. When I first informed my families I will not have a wedding stage, they started to think 'how my wedding is gonna be'? I love how my wedding planner decorated in one of the Chinese wedding, where in Chinese wedding they do not have a wedding stage but only have a simple backdrop. So I told her what I want. I want a little touch of Arabic theme and instead of having a wedding stage, I want a reception table to be decorated with some candles. So this is what she did.....and her price is also affordable.

A little bit touch of Arabian theme 

I requested a feather instead of flowers , to fit with the Arabian theme 


Photobooth

In my families, photobooth is the most important one. Every weddings in my family especially my mama's side, photobooth is a must. My families loves taking pictures. Another beautiful decor from my wedding planner. You can follow her IG @ambience.

The props.....done by my sisters and cousins. Credit to them for their hardwork.

Some people thought this is my wedding stage :)


So, that's my journey of my wedding preparations. I thought it was all well prepared and perfect with just 3 months I have, everything is settled and ready. I enjoyed doing my wedding preparation......my advice to you for the 'bride-to-be' please don't feel pressure even if it's not turn out the way you thought, it's okay... it's not horrible wedding or it's not 'everything went wrong'. Just enjoy and be happy.

Remember, we plan but Allah's plan is better and He definitely will make it easy for us.

Till then
LEM




Comments

Popular Posts