Going where?

Ya Allah, I know I haven't post for quite awhile. It's all because I don't really know how does blog works! Somebody guide me please! :)

But I realise that I love reading and writings! I wanna keep all my thoughts, sharing articles or stories that can benefit others as a self reminder first and foremost to myself.

Recently I received an email questioning me 'where are you going? Yes, where am I going? In this life?

Let me first share the email here. It's an eye opener and make me become a thinker for awhile

Here it is

Slow down..

Let's have a real conversation..

About something important..actually someone important..

About you..

"About me?!" Yes, you.

I am speaking to you. The one who's reading this message... Maybe this is the first time we speak to each other. Maybe you've met me before in real life somewhere...

I want us both to slow down, pause and think about a question..

This question is not a random question that I came up with on my own, but a question that Allah poses to me, to you, to all of us, in the Quran..

It's not an easy question and you've probably read it hundreds of times, especially that the question occurs in Juz' Amma which we perhaps memorized when we were kids...

But today, I want you to read the Question as if it was posed directly to you... no, don't pretend, it is directed to you..

Ready?..

Ok, here goes:

Allah asks you in the Quran: "So where are you going?" 81:26

Close your eyes and think about this question for a minute...and think about Who's asking..

**Close your eyes..just for a minute and think**

Ok, open them..

"So where are you going?"..

Do you have the answer?..

There are many levels to this question.. but instinctively, you know what this question is about..

Instinctively, you realise that it's not asking about where you're going to work or school or university... but asking where are you going with your life..

Where are you heading.. with all the ups/ downs/ hopes/ dreams/ disappointments..the frustrations/anxietieis/excitements.. the missed prayers, missed opportunities to do good, miss behaviour perhaps.. Where are you going with all of this?

Where are you going?..

Till then

Eranna

xx







Comments

Popular Posts